- 400g wholemeal spaghetti
- 2 chorizo sausages, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
- ½ cup white wine
- 150ml cream
- salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- 100g Stilton, crumbled
- ½ cup pecorino, finely grated
- ½ bunch basil leaves
1 Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of rapidly-boiling salted water according to manufacturer’s instruction, until al dente, then drain well.
2 Meanwhile, sauté the chorizo slice sin olive oil of 3 minutes, until beginning to brown. Add the onion and garlic and continue cooking for 5 minutes, until well-caramelised. Scoop out the mixture and set it aside.
3 Add the zucchini to the saucepan and cook, stirring often, until just softened, then return the chorizo mixture and pour in the wine and cream. Simmer until lightly thickened, then stir in the cheeses, basil and pasta. Mix well, then serve.