- 1kg goat leg, diced
- 1 Tbsp plain flour
- 2 Tbsp tagine spice blend
- ¼ cup ghee
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut in wedges
- 12 cloves garlic
- 250g small kipfler potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 preserved lemon, rind only, cut in fine strips
- ¼ cup roasted capsicum, cut in strips
- 1L chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- coriander leaves, mint leaves and lemon wedges, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 140°C. Dust the goat in flour and spices. Pour the ghee into a large frying pan and set over a high heat. Fry the meat for 4 minutes, until well-browned, then place in a tagine or lidded casserole dish.
2 Add the onions, garlic cloves, potatoes, preserved lemon, capsicum and stock to the tagine, season lightly with salt and pepper, and fit the lid. Bake for 3 hours.
3 Adjust the seasoning and garnish with herb leaves and lemon wedges.