- 400g spaghetti
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 eschalots, finely diced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- finely-grated zest of 2 lemons
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- sea salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- ½ bunch thyme leaves
- 1 cup Pecorino, finely-grated
- lemon wedges, to serve
1 Cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of rapidly-boiling salted water according to manufacturer’s instruction, until al dente, then drain well.
2 Meanwhile, cook the breadcrumbs in a large frying pan over a moderate heat, until toasted, then set aside. Sauté the eschalots and garlic in the olive oil in the same frying pan for 3 minutes, until just softened, then mix in the lemon zest and chilli. Season generously with salt and pepper.
3 Mix in the spaghetti, breadcumbs, herbs and cheese, then serve with lemon wedges.