- 20 extra large King prawns, peeled and de-veined
- finely-grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 bunch thyme, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- ½ cup aioli
- ¼ cup tomato ketchup
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Tabasaco
- 4 cups maché leaves
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, seeded and finely sliced
- baguette crisps and lemon cheeks, to serve
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 2½ hours
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Pat the turkey fry inside and out with kitchen paper then season generously with salt and pepper. Mix the butter with half the garlic, then insert under the turkey’s skin.
2 Combine the pumpernickel and macadamias in a food processor and pulse until a medium crumb forms. Mix with the onion, parsley, sherry, maple and remaining garlic, Season with salt and pepper, then press into the turkey cavity, securing with a skewer.
3 Brush with half the extra virgin olive oil, then arrange in an oven tray. Bake for 1½ hours, then reduce heat to 180°C, drape the Serrano over, and bake for a further 1 hour.
4 Meanwhile toast the orange slices and spices until darkened, then mix with the vinegar and 1 cup water. Boil rapidly for 30 minutes, then strain though a fine sieve. Once cooled, mix with the remaining olive oil.
5 Arrange the turkey on kale leaves and drizzle the dressing over.