- 4 large starchy potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- Sea salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- 75g unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ bunch oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 2 heads baby fennel
- 8 Brussels sprouts, leaves separated
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 bunch chives, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground fennel seed
- ¼ tsp ground bay leaf (opt.)
- 1 cup aioli
- ½ cup chipotle chillies in adobo sauce
- 1 roast chicken
- Lime wedges and coriander sprigs, to serve
1 Squeeze the grated potatoes in a tea towel to remove as much water as possible, then place in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the melted butter and oregano, then toss to combine. Cook in batches in a preheated waffle iron until golden brown and crunchy, then dust with a little more salt.
2 Shave the fennel on a mandoline, then toss with the Brussels sprouts leaves, pomegranate seeds, walnuts and chives. Mix the olive oil, vinegar and spices in a small bowl and season with salt, then toss onto the salad.
3 Combine the aioli and chipotle chillies in a small jug and purée with a stick blender.
4 Carve the roast chicken into four pieces. Serve on a hash brown waffle with a pile of salad and a spoon of aioli. Dress with lime wedges and coriander sprigs.