- 1 cup thin pepperoni slices
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 2 tsp capers
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 400g cooked penne pasta
- ½ cup ricotta, crumbled
1 Fry the pepperoni slices in olive oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat for 5 minutes, until crispy. Add the garlic, onion, olives and capers and cook for a further 5 minutes.
2 Mix in the tomatoes and cook until the skins burst, then season with salt and pepper and sweeten with brown sugar. Stir in the pasta, then top with ricotta to serve.