- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ bunch thyme, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 600g lamb mince
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 x 400g cans tinned cherry tomatoes,
- 1 cup beef stock
- salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 400g pasta shells
- grated parmesan, chopped parsley and leaf salad, to serve
1 Sauté the onion, carrot, garlic, bay leaves and thyme in olive oil in a large saucepan set over a moderate heat for 5minutes, until softened. Add the lamb mince and cook, stirring often for 10 minutes, until browned.
2 Mix in the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute, then add the cherry tomatoes and stock and simmer for 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the sugar.
3 Cook the pasta according to manufacturer’s instructions until al dente, then drain well and mix into the sauce. Serve with grated parmesan, chopped parsley and leaf salad.