- 1.5kg chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- ⅔ cup plain flour
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp hot paprika
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ¾ cup sour cream
- spaetzle (click for recipe) and chopped parsley, to serve
1 Season the chicken pieces generously with salt and pepper, then dust with ½ cup plain flour, shaking off the excess. Fry in a large lidded saucepan in half the vegetable oil over a moderate heat for 5 minutes, until lightly-browned. Set aside.
2 Sauté the capsicum, onions and garlic in the remaining oil for 5 minutes, until well-softened, then ad the tomatoes and cook for 2 more minutes.
3 Add the paprika and chicken stock, then return the chicken pieces and simmer for 30 minutes, turning often, until the chicken is firm. Whisk the sour cream and remaining flour in a small bowl, then pour in 1 cup of the sauce. Return to the saucepan, simmer for 1 minute, then serve with spaetzle and chopped parsley.