- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- finely-grated zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup dry white wine (Chenin Blanc is perfect)
- 4 x thick-cut T-bone steaks
- salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- cooking oil spray
- 4 medium Desiree potatoes
- ½ cup marinated feta
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- ¼ bunch parsley, finely chopped
- lemon wedges and cos lettuce heart to serve
1 Combine the garlic, oregano, lemon zest and wine in a bowl then set aside for 3 minutes while the oregano rehydrates. Place in a large ziplock bag with the steaks and refrigerate overnight.
2 Drain the steaks, pat dry, then season with salt and pepper and spray with cooking oil. Arrange on a hot barbecue grill and cook, turning several times, for 5 minutes each side, until medium. Set aside to rest for 3 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, boil the potatoes until tender, then coarsely mash with skins on, mixing in the feta and its marinade. Season with salt and pepper, then fold in the onion and parsley. Serve with the steaks, lemon wedges and cos lettuce heart.
COOK’S NOTES: Leaving the potato skins on makes the potatoes prettier.