- 2 chorizo sausages, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ loaf sourdough bread, day-old and crumbed
- 1 red onion, sliced
- salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- 400g cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 8 mini feta-stuffed capsicums
- 100ml dry sherry
- 4 eggs
- toasted tortillas, sour cream and lime wedges, to serve
1 Set a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry the chorizo slices in olive oil for 5 minutes, until crispy. Scoop the sausage pieces out and set aside. Add the crumbled bread and onions to the pan and fry for 5 minutes, until the bread is golden. Season with salt and pepper.
2 Mix in the beans and spinach then arrange the capsicums on top. Sprinkle with sherry, then use a spoon to create four egg-sized holes in the mixture. Crack and egg into egg and continue cook over a low heat, until the eggs are just set. Serve with toasted tortillas, sour cream and lime wedges.