- 1 brown onions, finely sliced
- 1 stick celery, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 600g piece beef brisket
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock
- ½ cup Disaster Bay Chipotle Chilli Sauce
- salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- 400g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- rice and broccolini, to serve
1 Set a large saucepan over a moderate heat and sauté the onion, celery and garlic in olive oil for 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Add the beef and spices and fry for 5 minutes, turning several times, until seared.
2 Add the rosemary, tomatoes, stock and Chipotle Chilli Sauce, then season with salt and pepper. Mix in the black beans then cover with a lid and simmer for 2-3 hours, topping up with water as necessary, then carve and serve with rice and broccolini.