- 800g whole corned silverside
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 1 bunch baby carrots, peeled
- 1 turnip, peeled and diced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 500ml chicken stock
- ½ cup Irish whiskey
- 1 x 400g can whole peeled tomatoes
- salt and pepper
1 Brown the silverside in a large pan with the olive oil then set aside. In the same pan sauté the vegetables for 3 minutes.
2 Transfer the vegetables and meat to a pot then add the garlic, parsley, stock, whiskey and tomatoes and season lightly with salt and pepper. Fit the lid of the pot, bring to a low simmer and cook for 2 hours.
3 Carve the silverside and serve with vegetables and some sauce.