- 20 extra large King prawns, peeled and de-veined
- finely-grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 bunch thyme, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- ½ cup aioli
- ¼ cup tomato ketchup
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Tabasaco
- 4 cups maché leaves
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, seeded and finely sliced
- baguette crisps and lemon cheeks, to serve
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 Use a small sharp knife to score the underside of the prawns, then toss with the zest, thyme and extra virgin olive oil. Thread onto soaked bamboo skewers, then season generously with salt and pepper.
2 Mix the aioli, ketchup, tomato paste, paprika, Worcestershire, Tabasco and lemon juice in a bowl. Toss the maché, onion and cucumber.
3 Cook the prawns on a hot barbecue grill for 5 minutes, turning several times, then serve with salad, sauce, baguette crisps and lemon cheeks.