- 4 rashers thick-cut bacon (250g), cut into strips
- 1 medium leek (150g), diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 eggs
- 200ml cream
- 55g (½ cup) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 12 sage leaves, finely sliced
- salt and ground white pepper
- 70g goats cheese, crumbled
- spinach and fennel salad, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Set a 25cm non-stick oven-proof frying pan over a moderate heat and sauté the bacon for 7 minutes, until well-browned. Add the leek and garlic and cook for another 3 minutes, until the leek is softened.
2 Combine the eggs, cream, parmesan and sage in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Season generously with salt and ground white pepper. Pour into the bacon mixture and reduce the heat to low.
3 Cook, stirring often for 3 minutes, until the egg mixture is just beginning to thicken, then arrange the goats cheese on top and transfer to the oven. Bake for 10 minutes, until firm and golden on the edges. Serve with a spinach and fennel salad.