Wok-Fried Chicken with Rainbow Veg and Soba Noodles
Whichever way you choose to eat, it’s colourful, delicious and really good for you!
- 500g diced chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200g soba noodles
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ½ bunch coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, cut into fine batons
- 1 yellow capsicum, cut into fine batons
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, cut into fine batons
- 2 carrots, cut into fine batons
- ½ daikon, cut into fine batons
- 1 cup snow pea shoots
- Japanese mayonnaise, toasted sesame seeds, sliced chilli, sliced green shallots and baby mint leaves, to serve
1 Fry the chicken in olive oil in a wok over a high heat for 3 minutes, until firm.
2 Meanwhile, cook the noodles in rapidly-boiling salted water for 2 minutes, until tender, then drain well and toss with the sesame oil, soy sauce, lime juice, cardamom and coriander.
3 Place the noodles in a bowl, arrange the vegetables around, then top with Japanese mayonnaise, sesame seeds, chilli and shallots. Put the chicken on top and finish with mint.