Spanish mackerel with potato salad and capers
Choose super-fresh mackerel, and serve it up with something equally-rich to balance the flavours, but also ensure that you provide a hint of acidity to cut through the oils.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 eschalots, sliced very finely
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red chilli, sliced finely
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp natural yoghurt
- ½ bunch dill, chopped
- 4 x 180g Spanish Mackerel fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp hot Hungarian paprika
- 2 tsp baby capers
- 2 limes, juiced
- rocket and lemon wedges, to serve
1 Steam the potatoes until very tender, then set aside to cool completely. Mix with the eschalots, garlic, chilli, mayonnaise, yoghurt and dill.
2 Season the mackerel fillets with salt and pepper then fry in olive oil for 4 minutes each side, until medium well. Add the paprika and capers to the pan, cook briefly, then mix in the lime juice. Serve with potato salad, rocket and lemon wedges.