- 1 bunch parsley leaves
- 1 bunch thyme leaves
- ½ bunch mint leaves
- 8 cloves garlic
- finely-grated zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tsp baby capers
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- 400g semolina spaghetti
- 1 cup finely-grated Pecorino
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
1 Combine the herbs, garlic, lemon zest, capers and olive oil in a blender and purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
2 Cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of rapidly-boiling salted water according to manufacturer’s instructions, until al dente. Drain well and toss with the Pecorino, then mix with half the salsa verde. Dress with chilli and walnuts and serve with extra salsa verde.