Sorbet x 3
Three fruity and fresh sorbet's to keep you cool all summer.
- ROASTED CHERRY SORBET Cooking time: 30 mins
- 800g cherries, pitted
- 175g caster sugar
- 1 cup sparkling mineral water
- juice of 2 limes
- MANGO AND PASSIONFRUIT SORBET Cooking time: 5 mins
- 220g caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp glucose syrup
- pulp of 5 passionfruit (about 100ml)
- 1½ cups diced mango
- juice of 1 lemon
- RAMBUTAN, SOUR CREAM AND ORGANIC VANILLA SORBET Cooking time: nil
- 2½ cups peeled and pitted rambutans
- 1 cup sour cream
- seeds of 1 organic vanilla bean
- 1 cup (150g) pure icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey
ROASTED CHERRY SORBET
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Toss the cherries and caster sugar, then arrange in a baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the fruit is well softened. Set aside to cool.
2 Mix with the mineral water and lime juice, then purée in a blender. Press through a fine sieve, then freeze in an ice cream churn.
MANGO AND PASSIONFRUIT SORBET
1 Combine the caster sugar, glucose syrup and 125ml water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Set aside to cool completely. Strain the passionfruit pulp, then add the juice to the syrup.
2 Place the mango, lemon juice and syrup mixture in a blender and purée until very smooth. Freeze in an ice cream churn.
RAMBUTAN, SOUR CREAM AND ORGANIC VANILLA SORBET
1 Combine all ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth. Pass through a fine sieve. Freeze in an ice cream churn.