Simple pumpkin soup
Ah. Soup. Who doesn't love soup? Here's my fast and easy pumpkin soup, ready in minutes.
- 2 brown onions, finely sliced
- 8 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 800g pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1½L chicken stock
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- sea salt flakes and freshly-milled white pepper
- steamed snow peas and broccolini, to serve
1 Sauté the onions, garlic and seeds in olive oil in a large saucepan over a moderate heat for 5 minutes, until well-softened. Add the pumpkin and continue cooking for a further 10 minutes. Pour in the stock and evaporated milk, then simmer for 15 minutes. Purée with a stick blender, then season with salt and pepper. Serve with steamed snow peas and broccolini.