This salad is one of my favourites. An excellent combination of flavours and it's a meal in itself.
- 6 large Kipfler potatoes
- 1 cup baby green beans, trimmed
- 1 head witlof, leaves separated
- 1 cup mixed baby tomatoes, halved
- ½ bunch basil leaves
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 lemons, juiced
- ½ tsp dried marjoram
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- 6 soft-boiled eggs, halved
1 Steam the potatoes over a saucepan of simmering water for 20 minutes, until tender, then peel and slice in ½cm discs. Blanch the beans until just tender then refresh under cold running water.
2 Combine the potatoes, beans, witlof, tomatoes, basil and olives in a large bowl and toss lightly.
3 Put the anchovies, mustard, lemon juice, marjoram and olive oil in a blender and purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper then pour over the salad. Serve garnished with eggs.