- 1 cup cooked black rice
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup green olives, pitted and diced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch thyme, finely chopped
- sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 plate size bream (approx. 400g), trimmed and cleaned
- 1 green capsicum
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups mixed wild greens
- ¼ cup flaked almonds, toasted
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine the rice, tomatoes, olives, 2 cloves garlic and thyme in a bowl, then season generously with salt and pepper. Press into the fish cavities. Wrap in paper back, then secure with kitchen string. Arrange on an oven tray, then bake for 30 minutes.
2 Char the capsicum over a direct flame, then place in a bowl and cover with cling film. Set aside for 20 minutes, then peel and de-seed. Mix with the parsley, coriander, spices, vinegar and ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil in a blender, then purée until smooth. Season with salt.
3 Set a large pan over a high heat and fry the wild greens in the remaining olive oil for 30 seconds, until just wilted. Mix in the almonds and season with salt and pepper. Arrange on plates, unwrap the fish and place on top, then dress with herb sauce.