Pumpkin, spinach and goats cheese salad
Elegant salads can be the making of a meal, and my version of this modern classic is just the thing to liven up a family meal or even celebratory dinner party.
- 3 cups (600g) pumpkin, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- 2 eschalots, finely sliced
- ½ bunch parsley, chopped
- 4 cups (150g) baby spinach leaves
- 1 Tbsp pumpkinseed oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 150g goats cheese, crumbled
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Toss the pumpkin in half the olive oil and celery seeds, then season generously with salt and pepper. Scatter on a lined baking tray and bake for 25 minutes, until lightly browned and tender. Set aside to cool.
2 Toss the pumpkin, eschalots, parsley and spinach. Whisk the remaining olive oil with the pumpkinseed oil, lemon juice and garlic then season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over the salad, toss well, then top with crumbled goats cheese.