Pot-Roasted Chorizo and Potatoes with Chickpeas and Kale
- 12 kipfler potatoes, washed
- 8 chorizo sausages
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red onions, thickly sliced
- 4 sticks celery, finely sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 cups rosé wine
- 1 cup fire-roasted capsicums, sliced
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 bunch kale leaves, shredded
- sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- ½ bunch mint leaves
- ½ bunch dill, chopped
- lemon wedges and grilled baguette slices, to serve
1 Place the potatoes in a saucepan of salted cold water and set over a moderate heat. Simmer for 20 minutes, until just tender, then drain. Peel while still hot, then cut in half and set aside.
2 Use a small sharp knife to score the sausages, then fry in a large heavy-based saucepan over a moderate heat until browned. Set aside. Add the onion, celery, garlic, bay leaves and fennel seeds to the saucepan and cook for 5 minutes. Pour in the wine and boil rapidly.
3 Return the potatoes and sausages to the saucepan along with the capsicums, chickpeas and kale. Once the leaves have wilted, season generously with salt and pepper, then mix in the herbs. Serve with lemon cheeks and grilled baguette.