- 400g orecchiette pasta
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup black olives, chopped
- sea salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- ¼ cup pistachios, toasted and chopped
- ½ cup Pecorino, finely grated
- ½ bunch oregano leaves
1 Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of rapidly boiling salted water according to manufacturer’s instructions, until al dente. Drain well.
2 Meanwhile, blanch the broccoli until tender, then refresh in iced water. Fry the anchovy fillets in olive oil for 3 minutes, until they begin to fall apart, then add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. Mix in the broccoli and olives, season with salt and pepper, then toss in the pasta, pistachios, Pecorino and oregano.