John Dory with Capers, Thyme and Lemon
John Dory is one of my favourite types of fish. Keep it simple with fresh lemon and thyme.
- 600g boneless John Dory fillet
- sea salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- 2 Tbsp soft unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp capers, chopped
- ½ bunch thyme leaves
- 2 lemons, zested and segmented
- potato cakes, to serve
1 Season the fish pieces with salt and pepper, then brush with butter. Set aside.
2 Heat olive oil in a pan over a moderate heat and fry the capers until crunchy. Add the fish pieces and thyme, then cook for 2 minutes each side, basting from time to time. Mix in the zest and segments, then serve with potato cakes.