- 4 x 180g boneless snapper fillets
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 egg tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 eschalot, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp capers, rinsed
- ½ bunch parsley, chopped finely
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- crusty bread, to serve
1 Scrape the snapper fillets and score with a sharp knife. Season with salt and pepper. Fry skin down in ghee over a medium heat until cooked half-way. Turn over and baste with butter until cooked.
2 Combine the tomatoes, eschalot, capers, parsley, zest, juice and olive oil. Serve the fish topped with a spoon of salsa and some crusty bread.
PROFESSIONAL Tip: A less expensive fish called Eastern Nannygai comes into season in late Spring and is almost indistinguishable from snapper.