- 500g potato peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200g crab meat
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- ¼ cup aioli
- ½ bunch dill, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups wholegrain breadcrumbs
- salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
1 Steam the diced potato over a saucepan of simmering water for 10 minutes, until tender, then crush with a fork. Mix with the olive oil, crab meat, fish sauce, aioli, dill and ½ cup breadcrumbs, then season with salt and pepper and form into four puck shapes. Refrigerate until firm.
2 Dust the crab cakes with flour, dip in beaten egg, then coat with the remaining breadcrumbs. Fry in hot (180°C) vegetable oil for 5 minutes until deep-golden, then drain on kitchen paper.