- 4 x 180g skinless chicken breasts
- salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- cooking oil spray
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 turnip, grated
- 1 punnet shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 punnet shimeji mushrooms, separated
- 6 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- 250ml Riesling
- 100ml thickened cream
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
1 Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and spray with cooking oil. Arrange on the hot ribbed griddle and cook for 2 minutes each side. Sauté the onion in butter in the frying pan for 2 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for one more minute.
2 Mix in the turnip and chicken breasts, then add the mushrooms and thyme.
3 Pour in the honey and wine and season with salt and pepper, then add the cream and simmer until the chicken is cooked. Add the nutmeg, then carve and serve.