- 500g cuttlefish, cleaned
- 2 cups olive oil
- 6 peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 500g casarecce pasta
- ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp capers
- zest 2 lemons
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- ½ cup beans, sliced very finely
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced finely
- ½ bunch basil leaves, torn
- crusty bread and pecorino cheese, to serve
1 Slice the cuttlefish finely and place in a small saucepan with the olive oil, peppercorns and bay leaves. Set over a low heat and cook very gently for 45 minutes, then allow to cool slowly in the saucepan.
2 Cook the pasta according to manufacturer’s instructions until al dente in rapidly boiling salted water.
3 Place the parsley, capers, lemon zest and pine nuts in a mortar and pestle and pound until smooth. Stir in the extra virgin olive oil and vinegar. Toss the cooked pasta in the sauce.
4 Combine with the beans, tomatoes, basil and drained cuttlefish. Serve with crusty bread and pecorino cheese