Bubble and Squeak Breakfast Butty
Here's my version of bubble and squeak with chorizo and cabbage.
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 5 eggs
- Salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- 4 rashers bacon
- Buttered bap rolls, cheese slices and HP sauce, to serve
1 Fry the sausage crumb in a pan over a moderate heat for 8 minutes, until beginning to brown, then add the onion and cabbage and continue cooking for 4 more minutes until both are soft.
2 Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly, then mix into the potatoes and add one egg. Season generously with salt and pepper then form into four discs. Fry in a non-stick pan for 4 minutes each side until lightly crisp.
3 Meanwhile, fry the remaining eggs and bacon in a second pan. Assemble the bubble and squeak patties, egg and bacon in butter bap rolls with HP sauce and serve.