It's not for everyone, but I can't get enough chilli in the mornings! This burrito is a great mix of veg, eggs and tonnes of flavour.
- 400g can black beans
- 300ml water
- 1 Tbsp pickled jalapeno chillies
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- 9 eggs
- 100ml cream
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, chopped
- 6 large tortillas
- 2 avocadoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- ½ cup roasted capsicums, cut into strips
- cucumber and onions salsa, to serve
1 Combine the beans (with the liquid), water, chillies, cumin, oregano and garlic in a small saucepan and set over a moderate heat. Cook for 20 minutes, until the beans are softened. And the mixture thickens. Season with salt and pepper
2 Whisk the eggs, cream and butter in a large bowl then season with salt and pepper. Cook in a large frying pan over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring often with a heatproof spatula, until just set.
3 Toast the tortillas until lightly browned, then spoon the beans, scrambled eggs, avocadoes and capsicums on top. Wrap up and serve with the cucumber and onion salsa.