- 1 chorizo sausage, diced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red onions, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- ¼ bunch thyme, chopped
- ½ tsp caraway seeds
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ½ Lebanese cucumber, seeded and diced
- 4 x 180g rump steaks
- salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- lemon wedges and chilli sauce, to serve
1 Fry the chorizo pieces in half the olive oil in a medium saucepan over a moderate heat for 5 minutes, until well-browned. Add the onion and cook for another 5 minutes.
2 Mix in the garlic, thyme and caraway seeds, cook for 5 minutes until aromatic, then remove from the heat and stir in the tomatoes and cucumber.
3 Brush the steaks with the remaining olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Cook on a hot barbecue grill for 4 minutes each side, until medium, then rest for 2 minutes. Serve top with the salsa, and with lemon wedges and chilli sauce.